Monday, February 6, 2017

Copy Assignment


Philip-Lorca DiCorcia’s photograph of a man staring into the void of an empty restaurant in Houston, Texas.


George Hurell’s photograph of a model as she poses intently for the portrait.

For this assignment, the technique was figuring out how to take a copy photograph. By using different white balances and shutter speeds, I have copied both of the above photographs in the best light that I saw possible.

I chose the top photo because of the color pallet in the frame, the placement of the flash is very unique. The bottom photo caught my attention by the pose and the use of glamour lighting on the subject.

Both lighting techniques suggest more specific subject matter that can be interpreted by the viewer. I look to use these techniques with the proper intention in order to help further my own skills in portraiture.

No comments:

Post a Comment